At Reprodux, we are committed to maintaining the privacy, security and accuracy of the personal information we collect, use and disclose in accordance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). As we value our customers dearly, we will NOT disclose, sell or exchange any personal information to or with any person, company or organization. We at Reprodux Ltd. respect and value our customers privacy and if asked will sign a confidentiality agreement given to us by you.
Information received from a customer is to remain confidential. No reproductions are to be made by an employee of any information received from a customer for your own records or use.
Defining personal information
In PIPEDA, “personal information” is defined (with great brevity) as “information about an identifiable individual”, but the definition excludes, in the case of an employee of an organization, “the name, title, business address or telephone number of the employee”.
- When is information collected?
- Placing an Order
- Opening an Account
- Giving Customer Feedback
- Using myplanroom.ca, myplanroom.com or www.reprodux.com, info request pages, email billing sign-up
- Applying for a Job
- What information do we collect?
Information including (but not limited to): name, company name, address, phone-number, and email. For billing, credit card information including type, expiry date, and number can be requested. When an account exists, an account number is required. When delivery is required, a name, phone number and shipping address are collected. For Job applications educational and job history, as well as references may be collected. For users of our Reprodux.com, myplanroom.ca, myplanroom.com or BidPack.ca services, User ID’s and Passwords will be collected.
How information is used
Personal information obtained by Reprodux, is used solely for the purpose of conducting day-to-day business (e.g. contacting, invoicing, shipping etc). In the case of Customer Feedback, any information obtained through the use of surveys and questionnaires is used to gain a better understanding of our customer’s needs and opinions in an effort to improve our products and services.
Reprodux’s Policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure, if any, of personal information can be broken down into the 10 principles covered in PIPEDA:
- We have appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
- All personal information held by Reprodux is protected.
2. Identifying Purposes
- Reprodux will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected, unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question (e.g. name and address of a customer placing an order to ensure proper delivery).
- Reprodux will only collect, use or disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
- Consent will be obtained before or at the time of collection, as well as when a new use for the particular information is identified.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions.
4. Limiting Collection
- We do not collect information indiscriminately. The collection of personal information by Reprodux is limited to what is necessary for the purposes that it identifies.
5.Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- Reprodux will use or disclose information only for the purposes for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
- Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to satisfy its purposes or as required by law.
- Guidelines have been put in place for destroying personal information that is no longer required for an identified purpose or legal requirement.
- We will keep your personal information as complete and accurate as necessary for the purposes for which it has been identified.
- Reprodux protects personal information using several safeguards including: technological (e.g., computer and network security such as passwords, encryption, as well as Anti-Virus software on all of its computers), physical (e.g. locked filing cabinets, appropriate disposal of personal information, caged computer systems), and organizational (e.g., employee numbers and passwords).
- All digital drawings sent to us either via email or our FTP site are deleted upon completion (within 48 hours) and our FTP sites are secure and cannot be accessed without the required password. Customers are not allowed to enter the production areas under any circumstances.
- Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information is available to all customers, clients, and employees of Reprodux.
9. Individual Access
- Upon request, Reprodux will inform individuals what personal information has been collected. Access to this information can be obtained through our Privacy Officer.
- If information is found to be not accurate, the appropriate measures will be taken to correct the information.
10. Contacting Us/ Challenging Compliance
If you have any questions or comments regarding this privacy statement, or would like to challenge our compliance with this Policy, please feel free to contact us as follows:
Kim Long, CEO
1120 Brevik Place
Mississauga, ON L4W 3Y5
All questions and comments received will be responded appropriately. All complaints will be investigated, and if found to be justified, Reprodux will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
This Policy is subject to PIPEDA and/or any other applicable privacy laws and Reprodux’s right to change it.
This Privacy Statement was last amended November 12, 2009/REVIEWED 2019